Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Assassination of Jesse James
by the Coward Robert Ford

I always like to discover new soundtracks, but when I don't know either the movie or the composer I base my decision upon the album cover design whether to buy it or not (although Brad Pitt's name has become the hallmark of good movie for me, I think he has the same great acting skills and qualities as Robert Redford, even his face reminds me to him sometimes.) I was touched so much by this album that it took more than 3 hours to listen through because there were so many fantastic songs I had to replay them again and again. This music stands really close to me because with a perfect combination of the violin and piano it summons a warm and soft autumn-time feeling in my heart which season I love the most. One of the best songs on the album is this:

Title: What Must Be Done
Composer: Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
Album: The Assassination of Jesse James
Release year: 2007


When I woke from the admiration of music I didn't hesitate to watch the movie itself immediately. And yes, it really hit me, I've already seen it four times. It is a really great masterpiece in a distant, antique environment with beautiful visualization and brilliant actors about the end of life of America's most known outlaw and the aftermath of his death. This movie takes you to the barren, sometimes cruel but straight world of manhood and brotherhood, commemorating an undeniably individual character of history without judging him and shows a very instructive example of life that there is no black and white only, who is good and who is bad is a question of many different points of view and there is no definite answer.


Strange and unexplainable for me but since I've seen this movie I started to smoke cigar regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment